Grilling season is in full swing, and our grills have been firing up these last couple of weeks! We’re excited to share out our first recipe using our hottest of the Tattoo family – Scotch Bonnet Curry! This is super flavorful, and we encourage you to marinate the chicken overnight for maximum flavor impact! Enjoy!
Jerk Chicken with Scotch Bonnet Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use 2 teaspoons if you don’t mind high sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Scotch Bonnet Curry
- 8 (3.5 oz) chicken drumsticks, skin on
- In a small bowl, combine the first ten ingredients (all of them except the chicken) to make a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the mixture on top, spreading it all over the drumsticks. Let it sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake until chicken is fragrant, well-browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes, making sure to turnover drumsticks halfway through baking (22 minutes in).
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
We’d love to see what you’re combining your hot sauces with, and what you create in your own kitchen! Remember to snap a shot and use the #tattoohotsauce hashtag or tag us @tattoohotsauce to make sure we see your creations.
Credit: Original Recipe by Vered DeLeeuw of Healthy Recipes blog. View original recipe here.