In NC, it can be 70 degrees one day, and 45 the next. At least we can say it makes life a little exciting! Regardless of what the weather is like in your part of the world, you’ll really enjoy this delicious Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe! This is an easy Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup that can be topped with either Avocado Serrano or Scotch Bonnet Curry! Which will YOU choose? (Either way, you can’t lose!)
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tattoo Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans chicken broth 14.5-ounce cans
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 14 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1-2 cups heavy cream to make it creamy if desired, add during last hour
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen, not canned.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Sour Cream
- Tri-Color Tortilla Chips (I got it in the produce section around the veggies/salad area)
- Tattoo (whatever is your favorite flavor, I like the Scotch Bonnet)
- Add butter to saute pan over medium heat. Add in peppers, onion and garlic and cook vegetables are slightly tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Place chicken breast on top of the vegetables, add remaining base ingredients and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked shred the chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients or those add-ons that you wish to add and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes, and finish topping with either Scotch Bonnet Curry or Avocado Serrano. Enjoy!
We’d love to see what you’re combining your hot sauces with, and what you create in your own kitchen! Remember to snap a shot and use the #tattoohotsauce hashtag or tag us @tattoohotsauce to make sure we see your creations.
Credit: Original Recipe by Sandra of Dash of Sanity blog. View original recipe here.