The weather has been cooperating recently here in NC, and we couldn’t think of a better way to take advantage than by heating up the grill! Turn up the heat this summer with this delicious Grilled Steak Kebab recipe! This is also a great option for your Memorial Day Weekend 🙂
Grilled Steak Kebabs with Kashmiri Coconut
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Shish Kebab:
- 2 lbs. of sirloin steak
- 3 assorted color bell peppers, cut into 1″ square
- 1 red onion, cut into 1″ square
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, whole
- 8 metal skewers*
- Kashmiri Coconut Hot Sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Trim any excess fat or silver skin from the steak and cut into 2″ cubes. Add to a large bowl with the vegetables.
- Add the marinade and marinate in the fridge for up to two hours.
- Assemble the skewer with the steak, onion, bell pepper, and mushroom. Repeat, switching the sequence if desired.
- Season once more with a pinch of flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill 12-15 minutes, turning kebab to cook evenly.
- Garnish with cilantro, and drizzle with Kashmiri Coconut Hot Sauce. Dig in!
*Notes: If using wooden skewers, soak 30 minutes in water before grilling.
We’d love to see what you’re combining your hot sauces with, and what you create in your own kitchen! Remember to snap a shot and use the #tattoohotsauce hashtag or tag us @tattoohotsauce to make sure we see your creations.
Credit: Original Recipe by Lindsay of Vodka & Biscuits blog. View original recipe here.