Need some Cinco De Mayo inspiration? These amazing Avocado Serrano Spicy Shrimp Tacos are sure to be a huge hit! This mix of spices, cilantro, and fresh citrus alongside our Avocado Serrano makes for a winning lunch or dinner recipe!
Avocado Serrano Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Squeeze of lime optional
- 6 small flour tortillas (corn tortillas can also be used)
- Tattoo Avocado Serrano (use as much as your heart desires)
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
To cook the shrimp:
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt.
- Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and shrimp.
- Cook shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
- Combine tomato, avocado, jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. (If not using right away, place a piece of plastic wrap inside the bowl and directly over salsa to prevent discoloration and refrigerate.)
- Stir sour-cream with cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- Grill tortillas on stovetop over the flame until lightly charred (this step is optional).
- Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with 3 shrimp and drizzle with sour cream sauce.
- Serve tacos with lime wedges on the side, and add Avocado Serrano over top as desired. Enjoy!!
To make the salsa:
We’d love to see what you’re combining your hot sauces with, and what you create in your own kitchen! Remember to snap a shot and use the #tattoohotsauce hashtag or tag us @tattoohotsauce to make sure we see your creations.
Credit: Original Recipe by Layla Atik of Gimme Delicious blog. View original recipe here.